* Providing the above trainings to over 2,500 people via 133 trainings since the Indiana Cares project started in October 1, 2008.
* Developing and providing on-going support to a network of 11 regional/county-level suicide prevention councils across the State, including mini-grant awards.
* Distributing 54 mini-grants to organizations and communities totaling $129,500 to build their capacity to prevent youth suicide.
* Cultural competency: launched a Latino Suicide Prevention Initiative and an African American Suicide Prevention Initiative focused on awareness raising, training, faith-based partnerships, and culturally appropriate messages and materials.
* Building long term capacity in youth-serving systems to ensure those that work with youth have training in suicide prevention, intervention and postvention and have policies in place to respond to suicide.